Training of Trainers for Engaged Social Service in a Borderless World
Civic Engagement 4.0—Dignity, Justice, Sustainability is pleased to announce a workshop for Myanmar teachers working in Migrant Learning Centers in Mae Sot, Thailand
September 22-24 and September 29-October 1st, 2023
This workshop will take place in-person in Mae Sot on two weekends
- We seek to provide support for Myanmar teachers working in Mae Sot to rest and reflect on their social and leadership role as teachers in these challenging times.
- To offer a chance to learn about and exchange new and refreshing approaches to teaching and to organizing classroom activities.
- To assist teachers to find support for themselves as we learn to better support our students and each other.
- To guide and encourage participating teachers to cultivate not only their students’ intellectual but also their social and emotional growth, as well as their critical thinking skills and their passion to serve the broader community
- To enhance cross-national and cross-ethnic understanding and appreciation.
- To strengthen international and multisectoral exchanges and activities towards sustainability in Asia.
- 18 Myanmar teachers working within the network of Migrant Learning Centers in Mae Sot, Thailand.
- INEB Institute for Transformative Learning (Lead)
- Chulalongkorn University (CU)
¨ Office of Int’l Affairs and Global Network
¨ Asian Research Center for Migration, Institute of Asian Studies
¨ General Education Center
¨ Faculty of Fine and Applied Arts
- Project Director – Ms. Michiko Yoshida, Director, Global Networking and Engagement Division (GNED), Office of International Affairs and Global Network (OIA), CU.
- Course Designer and Coordinator – Mr. Theodore Mayer, Director of the School of English for Engaged Social Service (SENS), and Academic Director of the INEB Institute.
You Should Apply If…
- You are a Myanmar teacher working in the network of Migrant Learning Centers in Mae Sot and you have at least a basic understanding of English, and…
- You would like to spend two weekends with an international team improving your teaching and your English with enjoyable games, discussions, and interactive activities
- Have the chance to reflect with others on how you could design your classroom and teaching so that your students can relax and enjoy learning more and…
- Learn how you could relax and enjoy teaching more and…
- Find out how you can get the support you need to be an excellent teacher and…
- Learn to offer appropriate emotional support to your students, fellow teachers, or parents who are going through hard times and…
- You want to share your best teaching activities and ideas and…
- Fulfill your role as a community leader by being an ally to students, parents, and community members and…
- Think about the world situation and how we can live well and work together in these times!
How to Apply?
- Choose the method you prefer. Method 1: Fill out the application form online here: Online Application Form
- Method 2: Download the application form below. Then fill it out (It is an interactive MS Word document). Then save the completed application as a new file that includes your name and the program in the title of the document. Example: Teacher-Training-Mae-Sot-2023 Application (Yee Mon). Then send an email with your application attached to firstname.lastname@example.org
- We ask that you fill out the application in English. If you have any questions or difficulties, you can email our colleague at email@example.com to discuss in Burmese.
- For those passing the first selection we will make an appointment with you for an interview online.
Application deadline: August 30th, 2023